About Me

My photo
I am a college student who has been inspired in the kitchen since I could walk (literally). As long as I can remember I have thoroughly enjoyed being in the kitchen cooking and baking early in the morning until late at night. My passion is in the pans! I am an 8-year strong vegetarian who has a passion for local farmers, local food & super fresh ingredients! I have begun to really branch out and create my own recipes and have decided to share my love for food in this blog...I aspire to one day share my food with the world in a small business or cafe! Read, learn, enjoy, cook & eat!

Saturday, July 9, 2011

And the result is.....


It was DELICIOUS! So i kind of just played along with the ingredients i had in my kitchen so it was fun seeing how it would actually turn out...This would be such a perfect dish to have while curled up by the fire on a cold winter day!

One-Butt Recipe... 
    *ingredients:
  • 2 fresh tomatoes (thinly sliced)
  • 1 ear fresh white corn (boiled & cut off the ear)
  • 1 zucchini (sliced lengthwise)
  • 1 squash (sliced lengthwise)
  • 1 can fire-roasted tomatoes
  • 4 gold potatoes (quartered & boiled)
  • heavy whipping cream
  • 1 vidalia onion (sauted with garlic)
  • fresh thyme and rosemary
  • salt & pepper
  • garlic (minced)
  • 3 tbsp butter
  • carrots (blanched)
  • shredded sharp cheddar
        *The concoction:
  • I first mashed the boiled potatoes and mixed in some heavy whipping cream, butter, salt, pepper, about 2 cloves of garlic, chopped rosemary and thyme and a hint of almond milk...until it tasted good!
  • I layered the tomatoes on the bottom of my nonstick casserole dish
  • on top of the tomatoes I sprinkled the blanched carrots and the sauted onion, sprinkling some cracked pepper and rosemary on top
  • I layered the zucchini slices and then the squash sliced and then sprinkled the white corn 
  • It needed something more to hold it together so i added a whole can of fire-roasted tomatoes (juice and all)
  • I sprinkled some shredded sharp cheddar (not a whole lot...but i do love cheese!)
  • finally i layered the mashed potatoes to fill the casserole dish to the very top!
  • baked at 350 degrees for about 35-40 minutes!
*Next time I'd like to add...
  • peas
  • vegetable broth
  • more carrots (shredded)
  • more corn....it was the perfect taste of "crunch" between all the layers of veggies, but could've used about 3 ears of corn instead of 1!


No comments:

Post a Comment