About Me

My photo
I am a college student who has been inspired in the kitchen since I could walk (literally). As long as I can remember I have thoroughly enjoyed being in the kitchen cooking and baking early in the morning until late at night. My passion is in the pans! I am an 8-year strong vegetarian who has a passion for local farmers, local food & super fresh ingredients! I have begun to really branch out and create my own recipes and have decided to share my love for food in this blog...I aspire to one day share my food with the world in a small business or cafe! Read, learn, enjoy, cook & eat!

Monday, July 25, 2011

Blueberries are IN!

While fruit is in season i HIGHLY encourage you to go crazzzzy!! blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries and peaches are perfect for making any kind of cobbler, smoothie, bread, breakfast, snack, jams, sauces, etc! I had some extra blueberries in the fridge and was in the mood for some fluffy pancakes....mmmmm! these may look like ordinary blueberry pancakes but I added a little pizazzzz to the recipe to make them unforgettable!

One-Butt Recipe:

  • Take pancake mix and make according to directions on package...hate to say it, but i didn't have time to make homemade pancake batter the night before
  • To the mix I added a little lemon zest, cinnamon, nutmeg, plain greek yogurt, blueberries and a little brown sugar!
  • make you don't "smush" the pancake when it's in the frying pan...let is sit on low heat until bubbles form on top to ensure they are perfect when you flip!
  • it's a great idea to sneak some other fruit & veggies into these since the blueberry flavor is so strong (shaved carrots, diced strawberries, crushed nuts such as walnuts or almonds)
  • powdered sugar makes the perfect topping, it tastes great and looks beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment