About Me

My photo
I am a college student who has been inspired in the kitchen since I could walk (literally). As long as I can remember I have thoroughly enjoyed being in the kitchen cooking and baking early in the morning until late at night. My passion is in the pans! I am an 8-year strong vegetarian who has a passion for local farmers, local food & super fresh ingredients! I have begun to really branch out and create my own recipes and have decided to share my love for food in this blog...I aspire to one day share my food with the world in a small business or cafe! Read, learn, enjoy, cook & eat!

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Salsa, Anyone?

One of my favorite SALSA recipes I've made yet! 

     I was so anxious to make this delicious batch because I just picked up some fresh Georgia tomatoes, vidalia onions, and jalapenos at my favorite Amish produce stand, and have recently grown my own fresh cilantro! 
       It was so easy (& fun!) to make...I highly encourage you all to make your own fresh salsa to always keep in the 'frig! 

       It's great to serve with any of the following:
  • tortilla chips
  • sliced cold veggies (cucumber, celery, carrots)
  • toasted focaccia or ciabata slices
         OR
  • use as a marinade on your favorite meat or seafood:)
  • throw on a salad instead of using dressing
  • toss in some cold pasta salad

One-Butt Recipe:

    *ingredients:
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • handful of fresh cilantro
  • 2 lbs of tomatoes, quartered
  • 1 jalapeno, diced and seeded
  • little more than a 1/4 of a vidalia onion
  • salt
  • 1 lime
    *the concoction:
  • In a food processor I pulsed together the garlic cloves, cilantro, jalapeno, and onion!
  • Slowly add the tomatoes into the food processor and pulse
  • pour final mixture in food processor into a bowl-->I topped with some chopped tomatoes to make the salsa have more "chunk"
  • fold in the juice of a entire lime and some salt...i probably put about 2 tsp of salt but you can eyeball it to taste!
  • storing in a cute glass jar is a great way to "gift-it" to friends in the summer as a house-warming gift or summer cookout party favor! PLUS, I swear those glass jars make it tastes better!


2 comments:

  1. Your mother sent me your One butt Citchen blog. I love it!!!! You know my nickname is "Kitchen Bitch" so I can identify with your passion. I have no luck growing cilantro, what is your secret? Good luck with your blog. Can I go ahead an book a table for two at your restaurant? I want to take your Mom to lunch soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha THANK YOU!! I'll have to come over sometime soon with my mom and we'll fix her a good ole homecooked meal ...southern style! My cilantro has been so hard to grow too...i try not to over water it though. You can be on my VIP list when i open a cafe:)

    ReplyDelete