About Me

My photo
I am a college student who has been inspired in the kitchen since I could walk (literally). As long as I can remember I have thoroughly enjoyed being in the kitchen cooking and baking early in the morning until late at night. My passion is in the pans! I am an 8-year strong vegetarian who has a passion for local farmers, local food & super fresh ingredients! I have begun to really branch out and create my own recipes and have decided to share my love for food in this blog...I aspire to one day share my food with the world in a small business or cafe! Read, learn, enjoy, cook & eat!

Sunday, July 24, 2011

I'll eat breakfast ANY time of day!

What's better than a juicy, thick breakfast sandwich?? I was feeling creative last week and decided to make a little breakfast in bed on my day off. In addition to the sandwich I sliced some Georgia peaches and made some smooth, creamy cheese garlic grits!


Sandwich:
  • toasted english muffins instead of toast--it holds flavor and the egg much better
  • i prefer egg whites of 2 eggs, beat with a little milk, salt, pepper, fresh rosemary, little minced garlic, mozzarella cheese and cajun seasoning-->ROSEmary really adds GREAT flavor!
  • I spread some pesto on one half of the sandwich and dijon mustard on the other
  • stack sandwich with fresh spinach, 2 slices of tomato, some onion (preferably caramelized), eggs and 1 sliced of sharp cheddar cheese and 1 slice of pepper jack cheese
  • I garnished with my favorite hot sauce on the side!
  • great to serve open-faced as well....if I would've had the ingredients to make some hollandaise sauce that would be perfect to pour on top!

No comments:

Post a Comment