About Me

My photo
I am a college student who has been inspired in the kitchen since I could walk (literally). As long as I can remember I have thoroughly enjoyed being in the kitchen cooking and baking early in the morning until late at night. My passion is in the pans! I am an 8-year strong vegetarian who has a passion for local farmers, local food & super fresh ingredients! I have begun to really branch out and create my own recipes and have decided to share my love for food in this blog...I aspire to one day share my food with the world in a small business or cafe! Read, learn, enjoy, cook & eat!

Friday, July 22, 2011

Spinach Pesto

There is nothing I love more than a great Pesto to use on pasta, sandwiches or toast! I used some of my homegrown Basil for this recipe & i could just taste the freshness!! I highly suggest storing in a small glass jar to preserve freshness longer in your 'frig...found the cute glass jar below at Goodwill for $.99! Just be sure to sanitize and clean a few times and these glass jars are good as new

One-Butt Recipe:

  *ingredients:
  • Basil leaves
  • pine nuts (about 2 tbsp)
  • olive oil
  • fresh spinach
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • parsley
  • parmesan cheese
   *concoction:
   I put everything except the Parmesan cheese in the food processor and pulsed until smooth. I add lots of grated cheese and a little extra olive oil to get a smoother consistency! At first it may look like you've used too much olive oil but once it's in the refrigerator for a little bit this actually helps the consistency. 

Some great things to add to this recipe are:
  • sun dried tomatoes
  • asparagus
  • little salt
  • diced jalapeno if you like it hot:)


No comments:

Post a Comment