About Me

My photo
I am a college student who has been inspired in the kitchen since I could walk (literally). As long as I can remember I have thoroughly enjoyed being in the kitchen cooking and baking early in the morning until late at night. My passion is in the pans! I am an 8-year strong vegetarian who has a passion for local farmers, local food & super fresh ingredients! I have begun to really branch out and create my own recipes and have decided to share my love for food in this blog...I aspire to one day share my food with the world in a small business or cafe! Read, learn, enjoy, cook & eat!

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Southern Living Inspiration!

I was inspired by a unique recipe I found in the recent issue of Southern Living--one of my FAVORITE magazines I can remember reading as a little girl. My mom always had stacks of them in baskets in (what seemed like) every room. 
This spiced peach-carrot bread was quite delicious and almost tasted more like a cobbler than a bread....unfortuantly my peaches were a little too ripe and the bread wasn't able to bake evenly:( I thought on a whim and transferred some slices of the bread to a small baking dish and baked an additional 10 minutes and threw some delicious vanilla ice cream on top:)!
Here is the link for the recipe...
  http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/spiced-peach-carrot-bread-50400000113922/
Try it out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment